15.4.09

Formal dialogue








(toc, toc)

- Come in, please
- Hello.
- Good morning, you’re Ms Brown, aren’t you?
- Yes, I’m coming to apply for the job as an au pair in Canada.
- Right, please take a seat. I’m pleased that you could come. You said you’re interested in working as an au pair. First of all, how old are you?
- I’m nineteen, and I’m going to be twenty in two weeks.
- And what called your attention about this offer?
- Well, I came across an advertisement in the newspaper, and since then I was sure that I would like to try it.
- So, this means you have never made experiences in this sort of job, haven’t you?
- Not at all, but I worked in something that has to do with it; I’ve been looking after three children from my neighbours during half a year.
- And why do you think would you enjoy being an au pair?
- That’s an interesting question. Of course I love children and I like doing everything for them. And I wouldn’t mind doing some housework as well. Furthermore I would like to start becoming independent and try to manage things on my own. I also realise the opportunity to live in another country and meet new people; I’ve always looked up to people who dare going abroad for working.
- These are good reasons, in fact. And do you think you would be able to cope with the French language?
- Yes, I suppose so. I’ve been studying French for four years, so I believe this wouldn’t be any problem.
- This is an important point, because children are always more confident with someone who speaks their language. And everything is easier with the family. Oh, and another significant question: do you smoke?
- I used to smoke for two years, then I cut down on the amount of daily cigarettes and I succeeded giving it up completely a month ago.
- Ok, I think that is all. I’m going to look through your documents again and we will give you a call when we have the decision. If we take you on, you can start this summer.
- Thank you for everything. I look forward to hear from you again, and I would be really grateful if you gave me this opportunity.
- Just be optimistic, I think you have good virtues to be an au pair.
- Thanks again, and good bye.
- Good bye Ms Brown.

No hay comentarios: